Since the pandemic, QR code usage has boomed all around the world, as it has provided a contactless and safe way for businesses and customers to interact with each other.
When scanned, QR codes will automatically take customers directly to a specific website, menu, payment screen, app, or offer specific information unique to the code.
With a growth rate of 28% last year, many businesses including educational institutions, retail stores, event companies and restaurants are using QR codes to further engage and interact with their customers.
So which QR Code generator is the best for you? I’ll break down my top picks in greater detail below.
After the reviews, I will conclude with a brief buyer’s guide to help you narrow down the best one that truly fits your needs.
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links where I may receive a small commission at no cost to you if you decide to purchase a paid plan.
1. Beaconstac Review – Best Overall
If you looking for something that is easy to use, packed with features, and very affordable then look no further than Beaconstac.
Beaconstac is an all-in-one custom QR code solution that allows you to create, manage and track all your QR code marketing campaigns.
They are trusted by 10,000+ companies from around the world including Google, Revlon, Emirates, Nestle, and Unicef.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the features, benefits, and highlights of Beaonstac:
- Fully customizable QR Codes with logos, colours and designs
- Reusable QR Codes (dynamic)
- Ad retargeting abilities
- Real time analytics
- Seamlessly connect with Google Analytics to see your users’ journey, their age, gender, interests and behaviour.
- Built in Mobile Landing Pages
- 20 different types including wifi, navigation, website and many more
- Bulk creation
Pricing starts from $5 per month. Sign up for free to try it out; no credit card required.
2. Scanova Review – Best Enterprise QR Code Generator
Scanova has a wide range of QR code options. It is trusted by global brands like Amazon, Cisco, Westin, Fujifilm, HP and Johnson & Johnson.
They offer a more sophisticated solution that leans towards enterprise businesses.
Depending on your needs there are five different products for you to choose from. Here is a quick explanation of each one:
- Scanova – QR Code Generator
- QR Batch – QR Code Batch Generator
- QR API – QR Code integration to your Software Application or Mobile App
- QR SDK – High Volume QR Code integration to your Software Application or Mobile App
- Ticket Generator – QR Code Ticket Generation
As you can see, Scanova is a highly scalable solution and provides excellent facilities for you to integrate into your business technology stack.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the benefits and highlights of the product Scanova:
- Allows to create dynamic QR Code
- Customizable designs with logos, colors and patterns
- Insightful analytics and reporting
- Dozens of usages like Website URL, Social Media, Vcard Profile, PDF, Image, Google Maps, Product Description, Audio, Coupon, App Store, and more.
- Optimized landing pages
- Use enterprise features like taggings, access control and white labelling
For those who need something that will grow and scale with your business then Scanova might be the perfect solution.
However, they are among the most expensive paid QR code generators currently in the marketplace.
Their entry pricing starts from $15 a month.
3. QR Code Generator Review – Best for Small Business
QR Code Generator is arguably one of the best QR Code solutions for small businesses.
Used by over six million world wide users including companies like ELLE, Benefit and Monster
They offer all the essential features including
- Dynamic QR Code creation
- Customizable QR Codes with logos and colors
- QR Code statistics
Also, recently adding a QR Code API allowing you to integrate with your software applications or mobile apps.
Pricing starts at $5 EUR per month, however to access the API you will require the Advanced plan.
4. QRTiger Review – Best Unlimited QR Code Scans
If you are a business where expects to have a high volume of scans then QRTiger is a great solution as they offered unlimited scans on all paid plans.
It is also trusted by some major brands including by Ford, Loccitane, Universal, Hilton and Pepsico.
QRTiger does not have the most intuitive user interface but it does have all the essentials you need to run a QR code marketing campaign.
- Various Patterns and Eyes Designs
- Import Logo
- Dynamic QR Code
- Access to their API
- Tracking Analytics
Paid plans start from $7 per month.
5. Flowcode Review – Best Free Plan
Flowcode has one of the best free plans which includes dynamic QR code, unlimited scans and analytics.
Great for a small business or individuals.
One key element that makes Flowcode different from every other QR Code generator is its circular designs.
Flowcode is used by over 10,000 businesses and 5 million individuals all around the world.
- Dynamic QR Codes
- Customized designs including colors and logos
- Smart rules which allows you to redirect users based certain criterias
- No scan limits.
Pricing starts from $9.95 for their Pro Plan and their Enterprise you will need to contact them. They also offer a free plan that allows you to upgrade anytime.
What we looked at to find the Best QR Code Generator
When it comes to finding the best QR Code Generator for your business there are some important factors you should consider.
Firstly, a good way to find out your needs and requirements for your business is to ask yourself some questions:
- What am I going to use QR Codes for in my business?
- Do I need to customize the QR Code designs?
- What type of QR Codes?
- What is your budget?
Now lets take a look all the factors I think is important when deciding which QR Code generator to use.
Dynamic QR Codes
Dynamic QR Code allows you to update or change the settings without you having to regenerate the QR code like the website link. This is important, as you don’t want to reprint marketing collateral every time you change the information.
Unless you are using QR Codes for personal use, as a business you should consider this as it will save you time and money in the long run.
When it comes to Types of QR Codes there are a few dozens of different use cases that QR codes can be used to engage with your audience.
Depending on your needs, you want to ensure that the QR Code generator supports the type(s) you want to use.
Here is a list of some common uses for QR Codes
- Visit a Website – Most Common
- View your Location on Google Maps
- View / Download your contact information – Vcard
- Access to all your Social Media Accounts
- View / Download a file like a PDF, XLS, JPG, DOC etc
- WIFI – Without having to enter the password
- App Store Download
Traditionally standard QR codes are black and white, however, these days most QR code generators will allow you to customized certain components the code.
Things you can customised
- Size of the QR Code
- The eyes – The corners of the QR Code
- Pattern – The dark pixels on the code
However, it is important to follow the guidelines and rules to ensure your QR code is functional, as some customization can break it. Make sure you test it.
Creating reports are tedious and having something that will track the performance of your QR Code marketing campaigns is important.
At a minimum, it should track how many scans. However, if you require more detailed tracking, some QR Code generators can track location, operating system and unique scans.
You should check with your marketing department what metrics are important to your business.
To create a seamless workflow for your business you might want to consider what type of integrations is available for the software.
Some common integration I think is nice to have are Google Analytics, CRM and Email Autoresponders. Ideally, if they have a Zapier connection then you can pretty much integrate with anything in your business that supports it.
If you a customized app or software you may have also check if an API is available for your use.
Out of dozen of QR Code Generator options available, here are my top 5 recommendations.
- Beaconstac – Best Overall
- Scanova – Best Enterprise QR Code Generator
- QR Code Generator – Best for Small Business
- QRTiger – Best Unlimited QR Code Scans
- Flowcode – Best Free QR Code Generator
When it comes down to deciding which one is best for you, I highly recommend looking for ones that allow you to create Dynamic QR Codes and provide Analytics to give you some insight into how well your QR codes are performing.
With that in mind, feel free to use the other factors based on your needs.